Saturday, March 19, 2016

My husband LOVES travel and adventures while I would be happy to be a homemaker in a home just like I grew up in and never move.  Just do gardening projects, and when I get tired of those move on to a bathroom remodel project, and when I got tired of that, paint the outside of the house, and when I get tired of that…

I have been struggling the past few years to find a way that we can honor oneanother's ideal lives, yet still be happy with our own life at the same time.  I fought him on this nomadic life style for SO long, but I just can't beat it out of him, and I am SO tired of fighting.  So I need to find a way to join in the fun.

For the past few months I have had the thought that I could get involved more with in the communities we live.  I really hate politics, but I think there is a lot of good that can be done without having to dig to deeply into hot topics and the whole arena of brides and blackmail.  My curiosity has lead me to University of Washington's Evan's School of Public Policy and Governance.  I NEVER had any delusions of grander to get myself a masters degree (I never even thought I would earn my BA degree), but I wonder if I could find some good in a nomadic life style by doing some good in all these communities, or watching more closely how these communities function and learning from them.

The Evan's School has a variety of areas to focus on (2 years full time) and even some mini certificate programs I could earn.  I want to document them here so I can come back to the info when I am ready to think about it more seriously.

I'm not sure what the future holds for me and Sam, but I think he has gotten a taste of this international thing and is hooked.  So International development with a Nonprofit Management certificate might be a good thing to work towards.  (SO NOT what I ever thought I would be doing in my life, but it would be amazingly rewarding.  And incredible to be able to take my kids with me on work trips)
I'm going to have to mull all of this over for a few months while I do some more research about funding options for military wives getting their education and such.  

No comments:

Post a Comment