Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Deceptively Delicious book review

Cauliflower potatoes:

I recently tried a recipe from Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious cook book. It's a great book that is really helpful with finding ways to hide veggies in your food. It has some great reference material for parents. Mostly, I liked that it got me thinking about adding veggies to recipes that don't don't call for them.



Since the recipe I used is published in her book, I won't share the exact recipe with you, but next time you make some mashed potatoes, add 1 cup of pureed cauliflower. We couldn't taste it in our dinner last night and I was glad to be giving the girls nutrition from veggies they wouldn't normally eat.
*************Update*************
It's been a year or two since this post, but I am still using the cook book. A friend reminded me how wonderful it was so I pulled it out and tried a few more recipes.
-The Couscous recipe with Butternut Squash and Carrot Puree was delicious. I loved it, Maggie loved it and our dinner guest loved it. We will make it again.
-The Deviled eggs with Carrot Puree was not something I will make again. But the recipe also suggested using cauliflower instead of carrots, so I might try that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment