I found a kid's cookbook at the library this week and am excited to try a bunch of the recipes in it. today Gwen and I made a variation of a recipe they called Applesauce with cripsy scoops. The book is called
Kid Favorites Made Healthy
by Better Homes and Gardens
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on the tortillas.
- sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on the tortillas.
- Cut the tortillas into 8 triangles each with a pizza cutter.
- cook the chips for 7-9 minutes
- allow to cool on a rack and eat with applesauce.
- We LOVED these!!! they reminded me of some baked cinnamon treats I'd had before by Quaker.
- I thought that for our next party we could get a cookie cutter to go along with the theme and make cute shapes like flowers, heart, Christmas trees... then, if the scraps don't burn, I could let Gwen graze on them before the party.
- We cooked ours for 7 minutes because I was afraid of burning them. But they were not as crispy in the center as the edges, so I think next time i will go for the full 9 minutes.
- They made the house smell SO good!!!