- 2 (1 quart) zip lock bags
- 2 (1 gallon) zip lock bags
- 1 (8lb bag) of ice
- 1/2 cup rock salt
- heavy duty tape
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Nesquick chocolate or strawberry powder flavoring (optional)
- place all ingredients (Milk, cream, sugar, vanilla and flavoring) in one of the quart sized bags. Squeeze out all the air, seal the bag and swish it around a bit to mix everything well.
- Place the bag inside of the other quart sized bag and seal it.
- put some ice into the bottom of one of the gallon sized bags, filling it about 1/2 way. Put the quart sized bags on top of the ice, then filled the rest of the gallon size bag with ice.
- sprinkle the rock salt over the ice inside of the bag and seal the bag.
- Put it inside of the second gallon sized bag and seal it.
- Wrap the bag with a lot of newspaper and strong tape like duct tape or packing tape.
- Toss the ice cream ball for about 15-20 minutes.
- Unwrap and enjoy the cream. (Makes about 3 cups)
This was yummy! We made the chocolate ice cream during our babysitting swap this week and the kids had a great time. Sam really got in there and played with the kids to make sure the ice cream was good. They did a solid 20 minutes of tossing around the ice cream ball. It was so yummy we want to try the strawberry one for FHE. We might even try it with dry milk.