Sunday, July 12, 2009

Solar Oven:

Today I tried to make brownies in a solar/reflector oven. It didn't quite work out. In fact, it was a complete failure. I got the directions for making the oven in a kid's book called cooking in a can. And I used a recipe from another book. I was SO disappointed, I put some brownies in at 11am and when we got home after church at 4, they were still basically batter. I think we will need to build a fireside reflector oven if we try this again. (I have some directions for one of those in another book.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry it didn't work! How disappointing to not have gotten brownies when you got home from church! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry but that just makes me laugh. A solar oven that uses tin foil... that sounds just as effective as your chicken trap! :D

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete