Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Primal Blueprint Cookbook review


My husband his been very interested in the Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. So I got the cookbook and tried out some of the recipes.

We have tried the:

Mayonnaise-It didn't turn out as we would have hoped

Root vegetable chips- A lot of work, we tried both frying and baking them. I think I'll just buy them next time.

Nut Crackers- My youngest and I eat them, but they were expensive to make because of the almond flour.

Summer squash noodles- we thought they were fine and will be using 1/2 regular noodles and 1/2 zucchini noodles the next time we make spaghetti.

Almond crusted poached eggs- cooked more quickly than I expected, yummy, but made a lot of dirty dishes.

Turkey Kebabs- We all liked these. I think in the future we will not bother with the kebabs and just cook them up like a patty/burger. the girls treated them like chicken nuggets.


My overall opinion of the cookbook is that it is for people who have the time to cook a lot and who enjoy cooking a lot. But it's not so much for the average household cook trying to get dinner on the table. It's no wonder they also came out with a second cookbook Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals. If that one ever comes into our library system I will probably borrow it, but as for this book, I will try to sell it online after I cook all the recipes I'm interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment