Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Deployment projects

When My hubby is away I spend most nights celebrating that the kids are in bed by curling up on the couch with a project while I watch my way through a TV series on DVD. Here are some of the projects I did over the past year while Sam was gone.

A counted cross stitch Tinker Bell blanket that I gave to a lady I visit teach for her new baby.




A stamped quilt top. I LOVE this one so much that I am keeping it in hopes that Sam and I finally have that boy we've been wanting some day.











And pillow cases. One of these I did while he was away, the other I did with my Sister in-law the last time I was home visiting the family.

















Right now I have 2 projects going that I hope to finish soon. A baby blanket done with some quilt blocks my sister gave me a few years ago for my birthday that I have finally put together into a blanket. And another set of quilt blocks from my other sister.



Oh, and for those of you who love to watch TV series like I do, here is a list of some of the shows I have devoured over the last year on my lonely night at home and LOVED.





  • Lois and Clark, The New Adventures of Superman


  • Robin Hood- BBC series


  • The Office


  • Outsourced


  • Sherlock- BBC series


2 comments:

  1. The Tinkerbell blanket is so cute!! And the boy blanket is finally done!! And it looks great!! I absolutely love your pillow cases!! I may have to do some for us... :) And thanks for the recommendations for shows...sometimes it's nice to not think while working on projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bri! These are beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! You make me want to get into cross stitching a little bit. They are gorgeous! I love that little boy one. So great!

    ReplyDelete