Saturday, December 9, 2017

color seasons

My Mom was asking me about what Color Season my girls and I were to help guide her in her Christmas Shopping this year.  I have a few favorite colors that I know look good on me, but I had no idea what my Season was!  So I researched it and I wanted to document it here so I don't have to research it again :)  (when you read all those descriptions, they all start to sound the same)  I used this website


I am a Soft Summer
  • Eyes-Hazel, Hair-Med/Mousey Brown, Skin-Beige (A neutral coloring among the seasons)
Here are some tips the website gave
  • Celebrity example-Sarah Jessica Parker & Jennifer Aniston
  • Combinations to try:
    • Try Monochromatic  
      • if you want to be colorful, Purples and greens will look great on you.  You can also try some of the Autumn color pallets.
    • neutral color combinations.  
      • (mix of warm and cool, deep and light) 
      • Try colors that are diffused with grey, making them look soft and cool. 
      • Soft greens bring out the sparkle in your light eyes.
    • here is the color pallet they suggest for soft Summers

Colors From Left: Slate grey, grey, light desert sand, taupe, mauve, deep rose, red-violet, raspberry, baby pink, deep mauve, burgundy, light lemon yellow, light green, turquoise, jade, emerald green, spruce, navy, periwinkle, lavender, dusty purple, blue teal.

Gwendolyn and Maggie both seem to be dominated as Medium & soft summers, but their dark brown eyes allow them to try the Warm Autumn colors also.

  • Eyes-Dark Brown, Hair-Med/Mousey Brown, Skin-Beige
  • Celebrity examples-Sarah Jessica Parker & Jennifer Aniston or Kate Beckinsale
  • Being between a soft summer and a warm autumn they can follow the same color suggestions as Bri, or try some of the warm autumn suggestions below

Here are some tips the website gave

  • If you dye your hair dark brown you'll be able to wear tomato red and black. (Gwen has been telling me she wants to dye her hair to be dark like her Aunt Desiree's  :)
  • Blue is NOT the best color for you
  • great neutrals for you are cream and dark Chocolate
  • great colors for you are peach, greens & browns

Warm Autumn color pallet
Colors From Left: Camel, khaki, coffee brown, cream, medium brown, dark brown, light salmon, dark peach, salmon, pumpkin, rust, terracotta, aubergine, light yellow, light moss, evergreen, marigold, emerald turquoise, teal, forest green, light periwinkle, purple.

Maggie is a

4 comments:

  1. You can also look into energy typing. It goes far deeper than colors that look good and has been amazing for us to know more about ourselves and our kids. It's pretty cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I did a quick search but I will have to look more into it too. I think I am somewhere between and 1 and 2 and I'd guess Sam is somewhere between a 3 and 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This site is just amazing (and she now offers her course for free!). Si much information. From facial profiling you, I'd guess you are both dominant type 2's and from knowing you, I'd say that your sub energies could be type 1 (you) and type 3 (Sam). But there's a lot to take into account. She has a book you get for free after you finish the course. I can't tell you how amazing it was. After taking the course, I finally felt so much validation about who I was and it was helped not our our marriage (we can both understand each other SO much better now!), but it has helped me more with my relationships with my kids. It has been a huge blessing in our lives and it always makes me smile when my kids ask, after meeting someone new or something, "What Type is that person mom?" They are so much better at connecting to people now because they not only understand themselves better, but can understand how to interact with people so much better. Can't say enough good about the whole thing. :)

      Delete
    2. https://my.liveyourtruth.com/dyt/personal-growth/ep/

      Delete