Monday, June 29, 2009

All Boy:
My Sister asked me to make a nursing cover for a friend's baby shower. after looking on her registry this is the design I came up with. I like it a lot, but decided that the dog is too much work to be done unless it is specifically requested.

I tried to applique the dog out of some cotton fabric I got at walmart and it was not going so good. so I went back to look for fleece or felt because I knew they wouldn't frey. But the selection at our store was so small I couldn't find anything close to what I was looking for. So I ended up going to the thrift store and buying a fleece holiday sweater and a little boy's fleece vest to use as my fabric.
For each nursing cover that I make I always make a bag to store it in. It is large enough to store the nursing cover and a baggie with a handful of breast pads.

Also, I now have directions on how to store the nursing cover. I had Gwen be my model. I was trying to get her to hold it in a particular way and she was having a hard time. Forgetting that she is just 3 years old I got frustrated and she began to cry. I felt horrible and had to take a break to tell her she was doing a great job. If anyone who already has a cover wants the storage directions just let me know.



1 comment:

  1. Look at you little miss homemaker. It's so funny how we become so domestic after the kids come.

    ReplyDelete