What you will need:
- 1 large red rectangular plastic tablecloth from the Dollar store or a party supply store.
- 3 garlands of flowers or some other item to add visual interest to the sign.
- LOTS of push pins
- permanent marker (I used black)
- printer, computer and paper so you don't have to free hand the lettering.
How I did it:
- Write your message out in a word document and experiment with the font.
- Make a text box as big as the page, bigger if possible and raise the size of the font to be as big as the page. Don't worry if the whole word fits, just make sure that the individual letters will fit from top to bottom.
- Print out the letters, then tape them into words.
- Figure out what word you want to have in the center of the sign. Start with that and work out. Place the word under the tablecloth and trace over it with the marker. Fill in any gaps. Continue with each word.
- When hanging the sign, fold over about and inch at the edge of the tablecloth so it has double thickness before you push in the pins. this will help to prevent the thin plastic from tearing.
- Once the sign is hung, use the remaining push pins to place the flower garlands around the upper edges.