Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spaghetti Sauce Recipe-Attempt #1

I always have a hard time finding spaghetti sauce that I like (I don't like the tomatoes to overpower it and I just want the sauce my mommy made when I was a little girl.) Going organic has limited our choices to pricey and expensive jars regardless of taste. So I went on Amazon and signed up for their subscribe and save program. I'm getting a few things including basic seasonless organic tomato sauce and I'm on a mission to search the web for a sauce recipe to spice it up, because I don't really like the taste of tomatoes, but always enjoy a flavorful spaghetti dinner.
I started with this recipe I found on allrecipies.com I tweeked it a bit and enjoyed it at dinner, but thought it was a bit too hot. So I added another can of the seasonless tomato sauce and saved it in the fridge in an attempt to save the leftovers. And here is my game plan for my next attempt at some sauce. It is my version of the recipe link.

Spaghetti Sauce
3 -8oz. cans tomato sauce
1 bell pepper Pureed or minced
1 TBPS Garlic
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 cup Pureed Carrot or 1 carrot Minced
2 beef boulion cubes/ better than Bouillon or some meat depending on what you are serving with the sauce
1 bay leaf (To be removed just before serving)
1 tsp dry thyme
1 tsp dry Oregano
1 tsp dry Basil
1/8 tsp red pepper
1/4 tsp Black pepper
2 tsp sugar

simmer for up to 2 hours and serve or can.

Wish me luck for the next attempt!

1 comment:

  1. You should look at our recipe (on our old recipe blog). My dad made it up and it's the only one we make! Congrats on going Organic! :)

    ReplyDelete