Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I just found a few sites that have tutorials for making dresses more modest.  That is one of the things that I try to do here on my blog.  (post about the ways I alter things to make them more modest.

In the past year I've been too busy to make my own tutorials.  so finding others peoples tutorials/patterns that I can use has been really helpful.

Here is the pattern I've been using to add sleeves to my dresses.  As long as I have enough extra fabric to cut off the bottom of the dress or a matching sash that i don't need, I can add a sleeve to any dress with an arm hole that is not to large.
Here are some of my favorites.


This website (modestprom.com) offers some great ideas.  Some of them are geared more towards prom than temple worthy dresses.  But I think they are all good tips that I want to keep in my sewing box. I even liked some of their ideas for altering less formal dresses.


  • They suggest Simplicity pattern #5097 for adding a simple sleeve/shoulder to a strapless gown.
  • They change a dress that is too open on the neckline to a drapy gathered v-neck by shortening the dress and adding the fabric to the top.  It looks so cute!

Or this website feathers flights where she has a series of "making it modest tutorials.  She:

No comments:

Post a Comment