Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Who am I?  A few months ago I found this and never posted it.  But I'm cleaning out my drafts and wanted to share.  Enjoy!

I came across a post about birth order and it was like I was reading a book about me.  Check it out and decide if it describes you as well as it describes me.  (I ADDED MY BITS IN CAPITAL LETTERS)


The Youngest Child: The Life of the Party
If you're the baby, your parents are already confident in their role as caregiver, and therefore are more lenient and don't necessarily pay attention to your every move or milestone as they did with your older siblings. Thus, you've learned how to seduce the crowd with charm and likability. (IN SCHOOL I ONLY DID SPORTS WHERE EVERYONE'S EYES WERE ON ME INSTEAD OF THE TEAM AS A WHOLE.)
As the youngest child, you have more freedom than the other siblings and, in a sense, are more independent. (I'M THE WIRDO WHO DOESN'T LIVE CLOSE TO HOME) As the youngest child, you also have a lot in common with your oldest sibling, as both of you have been made to feel special and entitled. (AND WE ARE PRACTICALLY GENETIC COPIS OF ONE ANOTHER :)  Your range of influence extends throughout your family, which supports you both emotionally and physically. Hence, you experience a sense of place and security. (I HAD SUCH A HARD TIME BEIGN AWAY WHEN SAM AND I MOVED TO BYU BECAUSE I FELT LIKE FOR THE FIRST TIEM I DIDN'T KNOW MY PLACE.)
It probably won't surprise you to note that youngest children often find careers in the entertainment business as actors, comedians, writers, directors and so on. (I STUDIED RECREATION MANAGEMENT IN COLLEGE, MY FAVORITE CLASS WAS ONE WHERE WE LEARNED TO LEAD GROUPS IN GAMES)  They also make good doctors and teachers. Because your parents were more laid back and lenient, you expect freedom to follow your own path in a creative style. (THAT MUST BE WHY I LIKE STAYING HOME AND "BEING MY OWN BOSS" AS A STAY AT HOME MOM.)  And as the baby of the family, you've had less responsibility, and therefore don't attract responsible experiences. (I HATE BEING IN CHARGE!!!  OR HAVING TO MAKE GROUP DECISIONS.)
I'VE BEEN HAVING A HARD TIME RECENTLY MAKING SENCE OF WHY I HATE MY CALLING AS PRIMARY PRESIDENT SO MUCH.  I LOVE PRESENTING SHARING TIME TO THE KIDS WHEN THERE ARE NOT OTHER ISSUES THAT NEED ATTENTION, AND I LOVED MY OLD CALLING OF TEACHING IN RELEIF SOCIETY.  BUT HAVING TO MAKE THAT BRIDGE FROM ENTERTAINING OTHERS TO BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHERS IS SOMETHING THAT I AM VERY UNCOMFORTABLE DOING.  I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BRIDGE THE GAP BETWEEN BEING UNDERSTANDING OF PEOPLES FAULT AND STILL SETTING EXPECTATIONS OF THE NEEDS OF OUR PRIMARY.  SO I DON'T.  I ACCEPT WHAT PEOPLE ARE WILING TO OFFER, BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO SEND THE CLEAR MESSAGE THAT MORE IS EXPECTED OF THEM.  THAT NEED TO BE LIKED IS TOO STRONG FOR ME TO BE FIRM.

1 comment:

  1. You need to look into Energy Typing with Carol Tuttle. It explains SO much about why you do the things you do.

    ReplyDelete