Friday, May 28, 2010

Oatmeal Rasin Cookies

Today I day dreamed about having my own cookie business. I created a blog I tittled it the All American Cookie Company and planned to donate one dozen cookies to America's heroes for ever order placed. But then I got a call from my brother (Who I had mailed some cookies to earlier.) He was happy that I sent the cookies but admitted that they arrived in crumbles and had gotten stale and dry.

I might not end up selling my cookies in the way I envisioned. Perhapse it will have to be a dream fullfilled latter, when I move back home after Sam's military career is done and running a business from a store front is a possibility. But I won't give up on my love of cookies. For now I can just perfect my recipies, techniques and strengthen my love for all things cookie.


this week I made my favorite cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies. (Recipe here)



  • I had the idea of drizzling almond flavored icing on top. It was good and gave the cookies a cute look, but I still think they are just as yummy without the icing. I will probably ice them if I am giving them away, but for eating at home, we won't bother. I think the icing will be a requirement if the cookies stick around long enough to get stale/hard/dry.


  • Another thing I tried out was instead of dropping the cookie onto the cookie sheet I rolled them into balls and flattened them with a fork. I didn't like the way they turned out so I won't do that again for these cookies. (Especially considering that it was more work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment