Question #1 the waist-
High waist (black dress) or low waist (cream and coral)?
With the high waist I have to add so much length to the layers that they look a little strange, so I'm thinking that the low waisted dress looks best.
Question #2 fabric choices-
Now that the dress I'm supposed to wear has been decided I know that I need to have the skirt lined with beige instead of coral. (so that small swatch on the front of the dress is what the whole skirt would look like.
Or, I could go with a different shade of coral. (The bottom one in this photo is the other option. It is not as see through as the fabric in the coral and cream dress, so it wouldn't have the same effect as the one I'm trying to recreate with the 2 layers. But I wonder if it is a better color match.)
Is the top too creamy? The only other fabric option in the fabric store for the top was a champagne color. Would that be too dark?
What do you think of the lace? Is it good or should I get something with a smaller pattern? No shine?
So to sum up my questions
- High waist (black dress) or low waist (cream and coral)?_________________
- What shade of coral should I use, the see through one or the one in the bottom of the photo?_________________
- Should I use a champagne color lace for the top instead of cream?_________________
- What type of lace should I use for the top?_________________
- Bonus question, am I just obsessing over all this too much, and it doesn't really matter?
And for your enjoyment, here are some more goofy pictures of Gwen in her dresses.
These two are my favorite :)
She LOVES the black one, so I know that all this work will be worth it when she has 2 fun twirly dresses.