Monday, January 15, 2024

Knit Hot Pad

I had a lot of extra cotton yarn from making my daughter's market tote, so I made her a hot pad.  


Knit Hot Pad

Front and Supplies

Back

Pattern:

Youtube: https://youtu.be/bsB4Pde729M?si=2nz5aZm5HhHCpTKr
Needles: US 6/4mm Circular Needles (16" long)
Yarn: 1 Skein Cotton Yarn (159 yards/ 100g)
Time investment: I would estimate this would take about 1 week of knitting during family TV time at the end of the day. I made it a little faster than that, but it was because I took it with me on a long car ride.
Pros: The circular needles made this pattern simple, 
Cons:
  • It was hard to pick up and know if I should be knitting or pearling, so I made a reversible stitch marker to remind me how to garter stitch on circular needles, one side told me to knit, the other side told me to pearl. Each time I reached the stitch marker, I would flip it.
  • The 3 needle cast-off that the pattern told me to do made a ridge on the pot holder, I am curious if the ridge will make pots wobble a bit, or if it will smooth out under the weight of a pot.
Would I make it again:
yes, I am excited to get some red and blue cotton yarn to make some to match my kitchen and decide what I think of this pattern compared to other knit potholder patterns.
The back side of the pot holder looks a bit different than the purl soho one because I wasn't paying attention and I did another 3 needle cast off instead of whip stitching like the pattern said to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment